Friday, May 30, 2014

Using an Entire 6 3/4" x 4 3/4" Paper Pad

Following posts by various card makers about how to use up an entire pad of 6x6 double-sided patterned paper, I decided to try it.  However, the K&Co. paper I got from Mighty Dollar last year was 6-3/4 x 4-3/4, meaning the cutting formulas used by others wouldn't work for me.  I made 32 cards from the eighteen papers (two each of nine designs)  First I came up with a plan to use six pieces (three designs) to make twelve cards.


Having double sided paper makes the options more varied.  One side is very busy and the other more muted, making it unnecessary to use matted papers on many cards.

 
 Gingersnap tries to decide which of the cards is her favorite.


This one, Mom.

Then I used the rest of the sheets but used only one sketch. The twelve remaining papers made twenty cards, but I did add one other paper to each card.  Some were embossed, and a few were corrugated Kraft paper.  All had one large piece of contrasting paper behind the pieces of patterned paper to provide a matted look without my having to mat each small piece.  Again, Gingersnap chooses her favorite, the one with poppies and embossed cream card stock. 

This clean-looking design is one that might appeal to those who don't care for the fussy, girly cards.  

Before I started the cards I got busy with the Cuttlebug, the Spellbinders ovals and scalloped ovals dies, and the Hero Arts and TPC Studios stamps to make the matted sentiment pieces.  Since the most requested cards for Operation Write Home are love you and miss you, that's what I used.    All of these cards will be used by our deployed service personnel to write home.  I'm doing my part to encourage the art of letter writing, one card at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment