Sunday, September 28, 2014

Cards Using OWH Sketches 1- 24

Since many units are being withdrawn from overseas deployments, Operation Write Home doesn't need as many cards as formerly.  That means we can take the time to explore new techniques and put a little extra love into every card.  My plan is to use the OWH sketches.  Today the 240th sketch was published, and there are some bonus sketches as well.  That means I'll be busy for quite a while!  Here are the first twenty-four cards made from Sketches 1 - 24.

Sketches 1-2-4-3
Patterned paper won at the OWH Memorial Day Blog Hop
Images and dies:
    1 - Hero Arts "Missing Ewe" OWH stamp and die sets
    2 - My Favorite Things "Funny Bunny" OWH fund raiser
    4 - Mama Elephant "In My Heart" stamp and die sets, sentiment Autumn Leaves "Postmarks"
    3 - Inkadinkadoo "Cats Galore" stamps, Cuttlebug "Celebration Stamps" die


Sketches 5-6-7-8
I turned #7 on its side since a sentiment running up and down on the middle strip didn't work for me.
All papers were won at the same blog hop.
Cuttlebug "Welcome Baby" embossing folder
5, 6, 7 - Mama Elephant "In My Heart" stamps and dies, Sticko flat dots, Stampin' Up label punch
8 - Stampendous "Love Robotz" and "Botz Quotes" images and sentiments


Sketches 9-10-11-12
I made #10 horizontal instead of vertical.
Stamps, sentiments, and label punch as above.
Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots" and Darice "Zigzag" embossing folders
Hero Arts "Hugs" stamp

 Sketches 13-14-15-16
Number 13 with a sentiment going downhill didn't appeal to me, so I made it a vertical card with the image and sentiment on a slant.  Number 14 was supposed to have the image slanted -- again, not my style, so I placed it straight.  I turned #16 into a vertical card as well.
Papers:  Pink zigzag from brights stack by Darice, floral from Big Lots
Corner punch from Carl
Stamps:
    13 - Studio G image, Inkadinkadoo sentiment
    14 - Personal Stamp Exchange image, Hero Arts sentiment, Darice Zigzag embossing folder
    15 - Same as #8
    16 - My Favorite Things "I Spy" image and sentiment

 Sketches 17-18-19-20
I turned #18 into a vertical card and # 19 into a horizontal one.  
Papers for 17 & 18 Darice Brights paper stack
Papers for 19 & 20 K I Memories "Celebrate Life" paper stack
    17 -  My Favorite Things "You Are Unrepeatable" image and sentiment
    18 -  The Artful Stamper image, Cuttlebug "Organic Flourish" embossing folder
    19, 20 -  Stampin' Up "Giggle Greetings" image and sentiment

 Sketches 21-22-23-24
Number 22 was shown as a horizontal card, but I turned it into a vertical card.
Striped paper same as #19, map paper Gartner Studios "World Map"
    21 & 22 - Stampin' Up "Giggle Greetings image and sentiment, Darice"Paw Prints" embossing folder
    23 - Hero Arts OWH "You're Always in My Heart" stamp, Cuttlebug "Celebration Stamps" die
    24 - Stampin' Up "Traveler" stamp

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elsie,

    What a wonderful thing you are doing! I know the troops have appreciated your donations very much so that they can convey their thoughts to loved ones back home.

    Keep up the good work!

    Beverly Bohannon
    Cuttlebug_itis list mom
    http://classycardsnsuch.com
    http://classycardsnsuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete