Saturday, October 4, 2014

World Card Making Day 2014



Welcome to my stop on the Operation Write Home World Card Making Day 2014 Blog Hop.  Our task is to make a Love card to express our love, love, love for OWH.  Since my current project is to make one card using each of the OWH Sketches, I thought I'd use one of those cards for today's post.  It's Sketch #10, except I turned mine sideways in order to fit the tags I have.


The patterned paper is some I won during the 2014 Memorial Day Blog Hop (Thanks again, Pam T!! ).
The stamps and matching dies are the "In My Heart" set from Mama Elephant - so very cute!  The sentiment is a  Hero Arts stamp.  The embroidery floss matches the dots and adds a colorful touch.  The tags are the ordinary kind from an office supply store, but matting them with colorful paper and tying them with the floss gives them a less office-like appearance.

Ready for the next stop?  Here's a link to the Blog Hop - have fun gathering inspiration!

If you're not already an OWH card maker, here's a link to the latest  update on current needs.
Happy hopping! 

15 comments:

  1. I love how you added the cute kiddos to each tag. How fun that you are going through every OWH sketch. I've never tried that before. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card, Elsie! The little ones look right at home on your tags. It's great that you are working your way through all of the OWH sketches! Happy WCMD! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I love the little children- so cute!! This will make somebody's little kiddo very happy; TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to mat the office supply tags. The colorful mix of floss tied to the tops is a fun touch, too, on your cute kiddos card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card! I love how you used the tags! Great job coloring the little people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job with you little kiddos! I love them hanging out on the tags. You are right that the office tags look great when they are layered with patterned paper. Very nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the color scheme with the kids! Thank you for supporting OWH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great group of cuties - perfect for a boy or girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you just love the Mama Elephant stamps for their cuteness?!? I like how you've colored the children to represent different ethnicities. It's a darling card and I'm sure it will bring a smile to somebody's face! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've got those Mama Elephant stamps & dies, and have yet to use them! Just can't seem to get ideas together for what to do with them. Plus trying to color flesh tones, which I've really only done once--eek! Great card, and definitely pinning this for inspiration. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love tags and seeing new ways to use them! Three tags on one card is even more fun! Cute card, Elsie! Happy WCMD!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet card. Great job using those images. Best of. Luck on gettrig through those sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute card -- and great interpretation of Sketch #10!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those images are cute, and I like them displayed on tags. Well done!

    ReplyDelete