Friday, August 25, 2017

A Christmas Card Challenge

Over at Simplicity on Tuesday Susan Raihala gave readers a challenge...make a Christmas card using non-Christmas stamps.

I made one with a House Mouse stamp, adding a sentiment that seemed to go with the little snoozing mouse.  The MISTI came in handy for placing the sentiment.  The image is colored with Copics, and I added some low profile Sticko stickers.  The textured background and matting piece are cut from a two-pocket folder -- I bought a bunch of them in a variety of colors back when school supplies were so inexpensive, actually cheaper than card stock.


I also remembered the globe stamp that I used on student papers back in the 1980s, so that's the one I stamped to use Susan's idea of Joy to the World.  The letters are cut from shiny red packaging from a perfume box using some Provocraft dies, and I used both the little tags and the letters.  The holly and sequins are from my craft closet, probably from Mom's stash.  The second card uses an eyelet set with the Provocraft Silent Setter. 




All three of these cards are so different from other holiday cards I've made, and I love them!

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it fun what we can do if we challenge ourself, or rather, let ourself be challenged? l particularly like the CAS look of your second card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you played along with the challenge and created not one but three fabulous cards! The house mouse images are all delightful, and I love how you integrated the sentiment into the mug for a perfect holiday card. The holly gems work great for the second card, and then the three tags with an eyelet are fabby for the third. Thank you so much for playing and sharing your creations.

    Blessings,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the House Mouse critters! This little mouse does indeed look like he's enjoying his Christmas. Using the earth stamp was inspired. Lovely cards all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three cards are so delightful. The House Mouse is so adorable. The two world cards are so inspiring. thanks

    ReplyDelete