Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Cards Sent to Operation Write Home in 2011

All cards I made in 2009 and 2010 were for personal use, but in 2011 I discovered Operation Write Home, an organization which sends hand-crafted cards to deployed service personnel to use when they write home.  In 2011 I sent 280 cards, but this is the first photo I took of my work.  It's evident that I was still in the beginning stages of this process.  I see cards made using elements that OWH no longer accepts.  There are also some flowers I made that might have been too thick to send through the mail.  About half the cards shown wouldn't be accepted today under their current guidelines.

I see some that have elements arranged so there's a focal point, but not all.  Some have layered elements, but not all.   Things were progressing, however.

This is the year I bought my Cricut machine and two additional cartridges.  The fourth row from the right has those cards.  Believe it or not, this is the first and last time I used the thing.  It's in the guest bedroom in the box it came in.  Maybe someday I'll get it out, but in the meantime, there are so many punches, Cuttlebug dies, embossing folders, stamps, and digital images to use that the Cricut will most likely be very lonely for a very long time in the other room.


No comments:

Post a Comment