Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Why Layer a Photo and Sentiment?

In the last post I mentioned the first cards I made didn't have contrasting layers behind the patterned paper, image, or sentiment.  Here is how I helped the ladies at the nursing home understand the value of layering.

These ladies are residents in the nursing and rehabilitation center where my mother stayed and where I continue to volunteer by holding a monthly greeting card class. 




The ribbon definitely isn't the best since there's little contrast between it and the card itself, but the picture and sentiment stand out so well with matted card stock behind them.  It does make the point clearly that a mat behind a card element can be your friend!  This is one of the most valuable lessons I learned from Sandy Allnock and her team at the Stars and Stamps blog at Operation Write Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment