Sunday, June 1, 2014

Coloring 62 Years Later

Just because I'm not in Kindergarten anymore doesn't mean I don't love to color!  Stamps, whether they be actual stamps or digital ones, are some of my favorite card supplies, and when choosing new ones, I look for those that lend themselves to coloring.

An OWH fund raiser featured My Favorite Things stamp sets so I made sure to participate.  These bears are fun to color.



This free digi stamp is no longer available since Torico at Birdy Brown closed her blog.  I think I'd better save these cute images in several places so I don't lose them!



Since I didn't know the possible colors for lady slippers, I looked online for some photos.  These are just some of the possibilities.  The stamp is another thrift store find, and it's from Too Much Fun Rubber Stamps, no longer on their website.  The iris is from PSX, a company which started in 1980 and closed in the early 2000s.  Many of the licensed images were sold to Inkadinkado, which was subsequently sold to  EK Success which was acquired by Wilton Industries, Inc. in 2007.  It looks like the stamp industry is a fluid one!  The bird is a little set from Inkadinkadoo.



 The Hero Arts Little Hoot set is another OWH fund raiser set, perfect for cards our deployed service men and women can use to write home to a child.  This group is stamped on some tags layered to coordinate with the patterned paper from Big Lots.



  
 The Stampendous "Fluffles Wuv" stamps are perfect for the Love section of my box to OWH.  There are two cat images, one hugging a heart and one Cupid cat with bow and arrows.  "I wuv you" and "I knead you desperately" are the two sentiments in the set.  Coloring the hearts to coordinate with a variety of papers means they can be used all year, not just at Valentine's Day like the Cupid.



The Studio G clear stamps in the dollar bin at A.C.Moore or Michael's help the budget and add to the variety of stamps in my collection.  "I think you are..." can be paired with the ice cream cone (sweet), Popsicle (cool), pepper (hot), or cheese (cheesy).  Sweet and cool are my preferences for cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment