Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Scrappy Cards

What to do with all those scraps of card stock or patterned paper?  Sandy Allnock at Operation Write Home has done a video with hints on how to wrangle those scraps.  Her Scrap Wrangler video gives some great tips, and I've watched it several times whenever I need a push in the right direction.


 Inchies are always one way to go when using up patterned paper scraps, and the one-inch punch makes it easy.  Also handy is a score board with lines scored every 1 - 1/8 inch to guide placement of the inchies.  In the plain area I added an additional layer of embossed white paper since it needed something more.  The sentiment is from Inkadinkadoo.  Since I found out they were bought out by another company, that explains why Mighty Dollar had so many boxes of their stamps.  

 
 This view shows the scored lines and the embossed piece which was added.



 From the Scrap Wrangler video I got the ideas for the pinwheel, the star burst, and the kite.  The many-layered banners use up a lot of paper as well.



In addition to inchies, hexagon punches come in handy for using up scraps.  I spent one evening punching two sizes of hexagons from both patterned and solid papers.  Then I matched them up randomly within color families and glued them together.  The Thank You sentiment is from a pre-made card kit, the "Half of my heart is back at home" is from the Unity Stamp Company, and "With all my heart" is another from Inkadinkadoo.

 It's time to follow the Scrap Wrangler's advice and get some of the papers I don't love donated to the children's librarian in town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment